Friday, September 9, 2011

Interview : Champdog - financialindependent.blogspot.com


  1. Tell us a bit about your childhood and how it affects your today's practice on personal finance ?
[ChampDog]: I learned 2 things about money from my parents. The first is my dad rewarded me with RM2 every time I helped him to wash his car where else my mum didn’t give me a single cent when I helped her to wash plates. Thus, I was very motivated to help my dad instead of my mum. From there, I learned that money can motivate people.
Second thing is my mum created a log book for me and force me to track every single of my expenses. Unfortunately, I failed to track that that after 3 months. From there, I know micro-manage my expenses just doesn’t work for me.
  1. Answer this question without checking or asking for references : If you can remember, what is your Zodiac and Astrology signs ?
[ChampDog]: Snake and Libra.
  1. What are the things you like to do during your free time, ie. your hobbies ? And what do you most dislike about ?
[ChampDog]: Blogging and Travelling. I most dislike about is when I get sick.
  1. What is your favorite colors and numbers ? Any most dislikes ?
[ChampDog]: Purple and 7. None, I like all numbers.
  1. What is your favorite food ? What do you hate most ?
[ChampDog] Seafood. I hate most is seafood too because it gives me a lot of bad cholesterols.
  1. If you can meet a person dead or alive, who would that be ? What would you ask him ?
[ChampDog] My past life of me if that exists. I will ask him, do you have anything to ask me?
  1. What is the best and worst feeling you have ever had ?
[ChampDog] Best is when you’re having fun with your love one. Worst is when you’re not having fun with your love one.
  1. What is the last thing you do before go to sleep ?
[ChampDog] I try to empty my mind and do not thing anything else.
  1. What is the first thing you do when you wake up ?
[ChampDog] I turn off my clock alarm.
  1. If you were to build a personal finance portfolio for a young man who has similar life path as yours, what will it be ?
[ChampDog] I will tell him to define his own personal finance portfolio and don’t just blindly follow what other people says including my words.
  1. You met someone in a social party, describe what you do in 2 to 3 sentences.
[ChampDog] I will just say hi and smile to her/him. If the person is attractive I will try to find a common topic to chat on.
  1. If you are not doing what you are doing now, what would you be doing ?
[ChampDog] I will be doing what I”m not doing now.
  1. How much time do you spend on your personal finance blog ?
[ChampDog] 2 out of 7 days in a week.
  1. What is the main objective of your blog, is it initially profit oriented and who are your targeted blog readers ?
[ChampDog] There are few objectives but the main objective is to learn personal finance by myself and share it to others. Making profit out of my blog is the second priority. Targeted blog readers could be anyone.
  1. What is the biggest achievement your blog so far ?
[ChampDog]: Get an interview from you. :)
  1. Tell us one URL other than your own that your readers should read about ?
[ChampDog]: http://malaysiapersonalfinance.blogspot.com/
  1. How many more years do you think your blog will exist for and how do you plan to finance your blog forever if planned to at all ?
[ChampDog] Forever. I do not need to finance my blog because it is free hosting unless Google dies off one day or Google starts charging me.
  1. The world is big, many people have different point of views and emotions. If you met someone who called you geek, liar, cheaters because you yourself didn't do what you preach, how would you handle them ?
[ChampDog]: I will say, "I”m sorry and you have a point too".
  1. What do you think about these interview questions and how this interview session can be improved ?
[ChampDog]: That is pretty awesome. I can’t think of anything can be improved at this point.
  1. Would you be interested to meet other finance bloggers in person ? If yes
[ChampDog]: Yes when I feel comfortable. :)
  • Do you smoke ? [ChampDog] No.
  • Do you drink liquor socially ? [ChampDog] Yes.
  • Are you a coffee lover ? [ChampDog] Not really.
  • Where do you stay and work ? ( Country, State, Region etc.) [ChampDog]: Penang, Malaysia.

No comments: